I Love This Job...

Wednesday, February 7, 2007
"Every journalist who is not too stupid or full of himself to notice what is going on knows that was he does is morally indefensible. He is a kind of confidence man, preying on people's vanity ignorance, or loneliness, gaining their trust and betraying them without remorse....Journalists justify their treachery in various ways according to their temperaments. The more pompous talk about free speech and "the public's right to know"; the least talented talk about Art; the seemliest murmur about earning a living."
-Janet Malcom, The Journalist and The Murderer

I don't know how I justify it. I don't think I've had to yet. I just started Malcom's book. It's a good, short read.

0 Responses to 'I Love This Job...'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.