It Makes My Head Spin

Thursday, February 15, 2007
Me: Thanks. Can I get your name?
Girl who had just given a great quote: No. Can't I just be anonymous?
Me: Not really. No.
Girl: Can I just give you a pseudonym?
Me: No. Look, you are at a public rally, and you just gave me a great quote. What are you afraid of?
Girl: I hate the press -- no offense. What's the big deal? I worked on my high school paper and we used fake names all the time.


Offense taken. What's the deal? How does it help any one's cause to hate the press? And, for the last time to everyone-- I do not work for your high school newspaper.

She gave me her name but I'm looking it up before I print it because I am not convinced that it's actually her name.

0 Responses to 'It Makes My Head Spin'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.