From My Bookshelf: Self Ridicule Edition

Wednesday, December 12, 2007
These books are all on my shelf in Washington, which displays only a tiny bit of my library ( except for the one is at my house in Boston and the one that is kidnapped by a friend). I have a lot of novels too; I was an English major after all, but the journalism and writing books are starting to get a little ridiculous (and slightly Washington Post heavy):

Best American Political Writing of 2006
Best American Science and Nature Writing of 2007
Best Science Writing of 2007
The Mammoth Book of Journalism edited by Jon E. Lewis
Reporting by David Remnick
Humor writing From the New Yorker edited by David Remnick
Personal History by Katharine Graham
Katharine Graham’s Washington edited by Katharine Graham (duh).
The Good Life by Ben Bradlee
The Making of an Inkstained Wretch by Jules Whitcover
Boys on the Bus by Timothy Crouse
Late to Work by David Tucker (poetry about being a city editor. I kid you not).
How I Write: The Secret Lives of Authors by Dan Crowe and Philip Oltermann
The Writing Life by Annie Dillard
The Writing Life: Writers on How They Think and Work : A Collection from the Washington Post Book World by Marie Arana
The Woman in the Washington Zoo by Marjorie Williams

1 Response to 'From My Bookshelf: Self Ridicule Edition'

  1. Elisheva said...
    http://writtenpyramids.blogspot.com/2007/12/from-my-bookshelf-self-ridicule-edition.html?showComment=1197856020000#c597505984982753520'> December 16, 2007 at 8:47 PM

    I promise I'll return the one I kidnapped. Next time I see you. Really.

     

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.