Observations

Wednesday, June 4, 2008
When there is an emergency announcement about severe weather, Senate staff moves to the basement and the press corps moves to the windows.

Really, that's what happened. Though, gallery staff pointed out the windows are shatter proof. It probably didn't help that what was going on outside was so much more exciting than what was going on inside. Who knew that Senators could demand that a 490-page bill be read out loud? Not me. Guess what? It takes eight hours.

0 Responses to 'Observations'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.