Psychic Powers

Monday, July 7, 2008
Look at the date on this story:



(hint: It says July 8, 2008)








Now look at the date of this post, which is reflective of the real-time date in Washington D.C. where this story, presumably, takes place.

The New York Times has started to fast-forward time. In the process, The Times seems to have scooped the Post, which, it seems, has been instructed to wait for the actual announcement, since clearly the reporters there are privy to the gossip. Even I was privy to this gossip, and I don't work there. It was probably one of Washington's worst kept secrets. But the most recent news about Marcus Brauchli on the Post site is a blog linking to the NYTimes article. Ouch.

UPDATE 5:30 P.M. I guess the Post ended up scooping the Times since it got the news of the actual appointment up before the Times did. Thank goodness. All is (more) right in the world.

0 Responses to 'Psychic Powers'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.