Overheard

Sunday, July 27, 2008
At Kramerbooks & afterwords (which, fun fact, was issued a subpoena in the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal by Kenneth Starr, who was trying to determine if Lewinsky had bought a novel about phone sex. The bookstore successfully fought the subpoena).

Female customer: He wrote a book?
Male customer: Yeah. You didn't know?
Female customer: Since when are bloggers allowed to write books?
(A minute later, with skepticism) It says it's a thorough and well reported book.

Good question, my friend, good question.
Sigh.

2 Responses to 'Overheard'

  1. Anonymous said...
    http://writtenpyramids.blogspot.com/2008/07/overheard.html?showComment=1217252520000#c8137832202130566644'> July 28, 2008 at 9:42 AM

    So people have to choose between blogging and book writing now? Can't the blog be about the book? Or the blog be for one kind of expression and the book for the other? That's quite close minded on her behalf.

    Actually I shouldn't talk. The other day I was surprised to hear that people as conservative and right-winged as Frank Miller were capable of having an imagination.

     

  2. Noel said...
    http://writtenpyramids.blogspot.com/2008/07/overheard.html?showComment=1217305800000#c4788467184090625668'> July 29, 2008 at 12:30 AM

    It's funny because my teacher and I were talking about this. Nam Lee is debuting with a short story collection and if I recall he was big as a blogger.

    And tons of writers these days have blogs. It's great way to get your work and a sample of your work out there, I think.

     

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.