The Nerds of Generation Y

Monday, August 4, 2008
Friend's g-chat away message: "The 'make the copy desk do it' mind-set seems to be outliving the concept of actually having a copy desk."

Me: What is your away message from?

Seriously dorky and lovable friend:
Bill Walsh's twitter account. Yes, he has twitter.

Me: Aaand, you follow it.

Seriously dorky and lovable friend (who is a copy editor): Noooooo. I just found out he had one when I looked at his blog and went on to it I will NOT follow a twitter account.

Me: Uh huh. The lady doth protest too much.

Dorky, lovable copy editor friend: :-P

UPDATE: Yeah, I put the wrong letter in the headline. Twitter is Y, not X. Oops.

1 Response to 'The Nerds of Generation Y'

  1. Anonymous said...
    http://writtenpyramids.blogspot.com/2008/08/nerds-of-generation-x.html?showComment=1217874060000#c6620520418594564096'> August 4, 2008 at 2:21 PM

    Twitter is so incredibly addicting!

     

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.