HaHa

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More to come on coverage of fashion as a news story and on inauguration coverage in general, but right now, I just want to point out that J. Crew is wasting no time boasting about the clothing choices of the Obama girls. (Also, that exclusively designed J. Crew is not really the same as "grounded" or "moderately priced," but it's not like the Obamas need to cut corners anyway).

I can't get the screen shot of the ad right now, but it says:


"We are truly honored to have been able to be a part in this HISTORIC OCCASION. The pieces worn by MALIA and SASHA were designed exclusively for them from the COLORS to the STYLES to the FABRICS and currently are not available. But you can shop our entire crewcuts collection or find a crewcuts store near you."

How long until they are available, you think?

In the meantime, the Daily News devotes a whole story to their clothes, and, oddly, a paper in Australia devotes a whole story to the Obama girls becoming "fashion icons" complete with experts on tween shopping. Sigh.

Photo from the Daily News

1 Response to 'HaHa'

  1. Anonymous said...
    http://writtenpyramids.blogspot.com/2009/01/haha.html?showComment=1232590080000#c7803717438389328378'> January 21, 2009 at 9:08 PM

    I don't think I could fit into their clothes, so I'll stick with manly clothes.

     

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.