Please Save My Hometown Newspaper

Sunday, April 5, 2009
I love the Boston Globe. It has gotten thinner over the years, and it runs more wire stories, but it has some incredible local coverage and it is the paper for which I dreamed of working for years.

When I was in fourth grade, I had the thrill of seeing my photo and my words in the (now defunct) student pages. That 100-word book review was my first newspaper clip, and lead to a loyalty to that newspaper that has lead me to give sources who leak stories to them some slack, and has left me dreaming of working their even when their staff shrivels.

The New York Times Co. is considering closing the paper. Even though it seems the web staff can't code for their lives (that article is absurdly hard to read because of all the random symbols that seem to fill in for punctuation), please keep the paper alive.

1 Response to 'Please Save My Hometown Newspaper'

  1. Ariel said...
    http://writtenpyramids.blogspot.com/2009/04/please-save-my-hometown-newspaper.html?showComment=1240487160000#c1575708048368730980'> April 23, 2009 at 7:46 AM

    i published a book review too! i think i was in 2nd grade - it was surely a triumph :)

     

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.