Feeling A Little Snarky

Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Do you ever wonder what happens in the New York Times editors' meeting? I do. Particularly at times like this.

Here's what I think happened.

"Hey! Did you hear about this newfangled social networking thing that the kids are doing nowadays? No? Anyone? It's called Foursquare."

"Like that game with the ball and the chalk squares on the pavement that my kids used to play when they were little?"

"Kind of like that, but it's an application! For those iphones!"

"Hey! Let's write a feature about that! People eat up those tech stories about social networking."

"OK! Sounds good. We're sure that this is a new thing, right?"

"Yeah! For sure! There's no way it was founded a year ago, and had starts before that, but even if it was, we'll just tell the readers that!"

And somewhere, some promising young reporter in the newsroom is smacking his head in frustration.

And you know what kills me? It's going to be one of the "most-emailed" stories anyway.

2 Responses to 'Feeling A Little Snarky'

  1. Unknown said...
    http://writtenpyramids.blogspot.com/2010/03/feeling-little-snarky.html?showComment=1268749544200#c8971750103688885799'> March 16, 2010 at 10:25 AM

    Didn't they do this same story like 3-6 months ago?

     

  2. L said...
    http://writtenpyramids.blogspot.com/2010/03/feeling-little-snarky.html?showComment=1268807779282#c5214974700577084640'> March 17, 2010 at 2:36 AM

    Did they? If they did, I missed it, but I am not surprised.

     

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.