Dr. Seuss Invented The iPod

Sunday, August 1, 2010
The other day, I watched The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T, which is Dr. Seuss' first and only feature film. It a strange dream sequence complete with childhood nightmares, Seussian sets, villains, fantasy, and very strange musical numbers. A good portion of the way through, the lead kid steals this from a prison guard:


That thing he's holding is allegedly a hearing aid, but it certainly looks like a first generation, sparkly Apple product. The ear piece even looks like a giant Apple earbud. And this is in 1953 (which is incredibly clear from the endless references to atomic bombs).

0 Responses to 'Dr. Seuss Invented The iPod'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.