The Joys of Ad Placement

Monday, June 6, 2011
I am sure that there are insightful things to say about the coverage of Anthony Weiner's sex scandal.

For example, Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart both raised questions in the last couple of days about the role of comedian vs. journalist when they bemoaned the fact that photos of Weiner's weiner makes for comedic gold but that they are friends with Weiner. They make no secret of the fact that they are both liberal comedians, but I found both comedians willingness to talk about their hestinancy to make fun of this prominent democratic congressman (even as they did make fun of him) interesting, particularly for Stewart who sometimes does journalists' jobs when he looks at what (usually Republican) politicians have said in the past compared to what they are saying now.


But that's not what I want to talk about.

What I want to say is this:

The New York Times' liveblog of Weiner's press conference ran with a particularly apropos ad on the top of the page


Do you think it's too late for Weiner to improve his online reputation? I think so.

0 Responses to 'The Joys of Ad Placement'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.