All The News That Fits

Thursday, March 15, 2007



Boston's Metro (the newspaper. The subway system in Boston is called the T.) ads make me nervous. Metro is not a good paper because it has to make all of its news bite-sized regardless of how complicated it is. Readers will only hold on to the paper for as long as it takes them to get off the T (which, in Boston, could be quite some time) and so all the news gets essentially boiled down to briefs. Is that news? I'm going to be really sad if Metro is the only type of news that fits my life. Is that life? I'm not one for waking up early in the morning, but I still relish the idea of a newspaper and a cup of copy before work (or even sneaking a peek at the newspaper once you get to work). Is putting out that paper newspapering? Can't you find time to sit down with a real newspaper? Please?

0 Responses to 'All The News That Fits'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.