Spiderman

Sunday, May 13, 2007

It's not worth seeing, but it made me laugh in part because of how bad it was.

There was one line that had all the aspiring journalists in the room (there were at least three) laughing:

Daily Bugle editor in chief: We will have to issue a retraction. We haven't issued a retraction in 20 years.

Uh. Yeah Right. Show me a newspaper that is THAT good especially a tabloid that is self described as having a smaller circulation than all the other newspapers in New York.

Also, who issues retractions off of their front page with a half-page headline "Sorry Spidey"?

Uhh. Right.

I like how I watch movies about superheroes and villains made of sand and this is the part I harp on as being false.

picture from marvel.com

0 Responses to 'Spiderman'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.