Though people across the country are angry about Scooter Libby's dissapearing jail time, and his supporters breathe a sigh of relief and hope for a pardon, my concern is not whether or not the justice system still works, but that the American public and media have decided to decide that by comparing Libby to Paris Hilton. The Boston Globe devotes a whole photo essay to it, in what I can only pray is a tongue in cheek move.

On a less sarcastic way of reading my headline, the Libby saga has brought renewed discussion about journalistic shield laws.

Happy Birthday USA.

Illustration from Boston Globe's boston.com click on above link for entire photo essay.

0 Responses to 'Congress shall make no law... abridging the Freedom of the Press...'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.