My doctor's first job was as a copy boy in Australia at Rupert Murdoch's first paper. At an appointment, he warned me "whatever you do, do not work for Murdoch." I promised him I would not, an easy promise especially because of my loyalty to my friends then working at the New York Daily News. But first with the Journal, and now with Newsday, it's looking like a harder and harder promise to keep.

But this is just sad. Reading WSJ Manging Editor Marcus Brauchli's resignation letter made me queasy. And Portfolio magazine did not help the nausea by parsing it.

0 Responses to 'I'm Hoping He Really Did Want to Spend More Time With His Family'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.