New York Times' Rich Niche

Monday, May 19, 2008
Times are tough. The economy is in bad shape. So is the environment. And there are natural disasters left and right.
The Times does a commendable job covering some of the atrocious things going on around the world.
I'm not saying they are ignoring important stories, because they are not, but there is a trend in their trend stories that is eye-roll inducing.

It's the "things rich people need to cut back on" series:
Laser eye correction!
Dry cleaned sheets, upscale dog-grooming!
and most recently,
Luxury boats!
Sure, they all have different angles, but yeesh.

0 Responses to 'New York Times' Rich Niche'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.