It's bad enough they can't spell his name. But, mistaking him for an encyclopedia salesman? Who even buys those, now that you can get reader-made ones for free?

For those of you who don't like to click on links:

The Food Here Must Be Better Than I Thought

Employee #1: Do you know who that is?
Employee #2: Some total douchebag! What's he selling, encyclopedias?
Employee #1: Uh, no, he's the publisher of the New York Times.

--New York Times Cafeteria


It seems there are lots of reasons to not want to be Mr. Sulzberger right now. (By the way, it's about as phonetic as they come. What's the problem with getting the spelling right?)

0 Responses to 'You Say Encyclopedias I Say Newspapers, Let's Call The Whole Thing Off'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.