What A Bizarre Graf

Tuesday, May 27, 2008
" What a body man does depends on the politician. Senator John Kerry's aide for his presidential race in 2004 was dubbed "part butler, part buddy." Bill Clinton's aide when he was president said their relationship sometimes felt more like that of an old married couple. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton has a body woman, the efficient and glamorous Huma Abedin. On NBC's "The West Wing," President Josiah Bartlet treated his body man, Charlie Young, like a son."


-From an article on Obama's body man. OK. It makes sense that they would want to convey a range of approaches. But, umm, one of these things is not like the other. As much as some would like to believe it, President Bartlet is not real.

1 Response to 'What A Bizarre Graf'

  1. Unknown said...
    http://writtenpyramids.blogspot.com/2008/05/what-bizarre-graf.html?showComment=1211925420000#c3049391038678317983'> May 27, 2008 at 5:57 PM

    PrezBo now has a body man who wore a PhD robe on stage at commencement.

    Kerry's guy was very very cool.

     

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.