That Important S

Wednesday, June 11, 2008
A press release with the following headline landed in my inbox today by way of Google New Alerts:

"PETA Asks St. Louis Mayor to Fight Global Warming by Encouraging Resident to Go Vegetarian"

One whole resident? Wow! How do they decide which one? Is there someone who consumes an inordinate amount of meat?

Or, is it a typo? Sadly, it's just a typo.

But this is not a typo: "Because meat production is the main culprit of greenhouse-gas emissions, there's no way to go green without forgoing meat."

Umm. I am pretty sure it is not the main culprit. I mean, It might be the main culprit of methane emissions, but...

0 Responses to 'That Important S'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.