Things That Are Strange

Monday, April 19, 2010
An assortment of things I've noticed recently:
  • The print version of this article had the following headline: "Michelle Obama, all by herself, for world's children." Does that "all by herself" seem a little patronizing to anyone else. It made me expect the next line to be: "Mexican First lady reminds Obama to hold her glass with "two hands.""
I guess the other way to read it is that she is the only one who cares about the world's children, which is a little less patronizing and a little more false.
  • The other day, I got to play with the iPad while I was at Best Buy. When I turned it on, the browser was at Hulu.com, which is -- as has been pointed out numerous times-- not supported on the ipdad because it runs on Flash. It seems that someone had to see it to believe it.
  • Stickers have been popping up around Georgetown and Foggy Bottom that say "Gatsby Ain't Great."

0 Responses to 'Things That Are Strange'

Search This Blog

Contact Me

Written Pyramids is a blog written by a journalist living and working in Washington D.C.

I have left my real name off of the blog so as not to imply that the blog is somehow linked with the journalism I get paid to do. (Still, I never write about my beat on this blog, and rarely express opinions about the day's news regardless of its relationship to my beat).

I would love to hear from you. If you want to contact me directly rather than leaving a comment here, I can be reached at WrittenPyramids@gmail.com.

Blog Archive

Books pyramid image originally from the British website, Explore Writing.